Saturday, February 4, 2012

Walker's New Hat

I almost forgot what those few days were like after Walker came home from the vet.  It was dreadful for him and me.  
I had planned to have him neutered before we start our next set of puppy classes the end February so off we went a week and a half ago.  So hoping he would be a bit mellow when I brought him home was a real joke.
The vet said he would have to wear that "LampShade" for about 10 days.  YIKES!!
The only way I could keep him calm was to put him on his leash and take him out to do his business and then I would watch him eat and drink water and then put him in his crate.  That way he was enclosed pretty tight and couldn't get at the collar.  

After a couple of days I would take the collar off and watch him ever so close so he wouldn't start scratching or biting at the incision but as soon as he started in I would put it back on.  It was so large he would bump into the walls and it was difficult for him to see really good.

Thanks goodness it didn't take a week and half but it was close.  He is now free of it and really frisky.  OH! that was another thing the vet said, don't let him jump or get excited.  Well that didn't stop him one bit.  Someone told me I should have named him WildMan Walker.

No comments:

Post a Comment