Monday, January 16, 2012

Mistaken

More than once I have referred to my new puppy, Walker, as Braxton.  Not so unlike when I had 3 small boys running around the house making horrific noise I would call out one name but really meant the other.  Not sure why that happens.
 Years ago there was an old saying "If you say a name of someone that isn't here that means they are thinking about you"  does that mean my dear old Braxton , now in doggy heaven is thinking about me?  So silly I know but now that I am"old" I can get away or I am allowed to be silly.  I have earned that right.
 Last weekend one of the little grandsons and I walked over the hill trying to have Walker get out some of his energy and as we talked and walked I showed him where Braxton's grave is. In his sweet little voice Roger said"I liked that big dog, he was so nice."  Not sure where that all came from but it was sweet the way he said it.


No comments:

Post a Comment