Thursday, April 5, 2012

Digging

Where do I start?  I thought it was so cute to watch Walker dig a hole and bury a bone that I gave him. 

Thinking that was all he would do about digging sent me into a situation of wanting to yank his toe nails out of his paws.  Now that I write that out it sounds barbaric and I wouldn't do that ever but at that moment in time when I saw that he had dug up and entire Honeysuckle plant that I had been giving mega TLC this last year to grow up over my arbor, I was hit with so many emotions I was beside myself.


He knows what the collar is that can give a shock.  I have used the shock part only once but even the noise that I can send really gets his attention.  After I found my Honeysuckle dug up I immediately marched into the house and retrieved that collar and put it on him.  Off he went to pout.   I didn't care I was upset!!!


That plan was two fold because I wanted to plant some day lilies that needed to get into the ground and I knew he would think I was playing and he would want to dig as I was digging so I knew it would work but I don't know where he went to pout.  To the barn I suspect to be with the steers that were feeding.  They wouldn't hurt him.  They were his friends.


Like I told you he had learned to escape under the fake wire I had put up but while we were out in the rain and wind John ran a real hot wire and he seems to know that it is serious business.  He hasn't hit it yet but it will happen I think.

We must practice all that we learned in puppy class everyday but when the weather is so dreadful it is discouraging to go outside.

I will move the Jeep out of the garage and work in there I think today.

OH!!! I forgot about more holes that he  proceeded to dig in the dog run.  It is so amazing that for all the years his predecessor, Braxton, lived in that dog run never dug.  He was about 4 though ,when we moved here so maybe he was past the digging.  My memory fails me thinking of when Braxton was a puppy.
I relate that to giving child birth.  Once it is over and a beautiful baby is all cuddly and cooing in your arms you forget, just as I did.

Survival is the word of the day for me and puppy Walker.

No comments:

Post a Comment