Saturday, April 21, 2012

Face Plant

I was Feeling guilty on Friday as I was gone all day and Walker had to stay in his kennel, so being a good owner I decided to take him for a walk on his leash down our road.  As I got to the end of the driveway I decided to go left instead of right.

As we go by the neighbors place he has two dogs that are penned up but put up a good fuss of barking and jumping and I have used that as training for Walker to not get excited.  That worked good so I thought beings we are out and it is not raining lets go up to the corner and up the other road as it was a nice evening.  Walker was a bit heiper and I knew he had been bored and was ready to play so onward we went.  Pass two other houses and just hear the dogs barking from behind their place and as we passed the second one I didn't even know they had a dog. 

The light is starting to fade so I think best turn back, which we did, and BAM!   out comes a black dog barking but not aggressive but Walker went nuts.  I tried to hold him and turned my back on the black dog because he scared me, BIG MISTAKE.  Later I realized he hadn't even gone off of the black top of his own drive way. With that excitement for Walker, around me he went and the leash caught me at shin level and down I went into the gravel, face down, still holding onto Walker.

My first thought was Who saw me fall??? How embarrassing?  Well of course no one.  I gathered my self up and was shaking so hard I thought I can just walk the rest of the way home.  Then I felt the blood coming off of my head and my glasses were in my hand.  Still holding onto Walker and I remembered I had my cell phone in my pocket so I called John's cell and no answer so I called the house and said "Come and get me and bring a towel".  I thought I told him the right place where I was but I was a road off, he found me tho just fine.  Still shaking it was crazy.
While waiting for John a neighbor drove by and waved.  I was far enough off of the road she couldn't tell that I had blood all over my face.

There will be no pictures of this fiasco .  Feeling so stupid and silly but also relieved that it wasn't worse.  I now have new battle scars and a memory of walking with Walker.



John loaded  Walker up in the back of the Jeep and home we went.  John did the first aid care and we decided no stitches needed.  My fear was my front teeth.  I was really feeling sore and bruised and worried about the teeth but just the inside of my lip had a little cut.

Where the blood was coming from was on my nose where my glasses had dug into the left side of my nose and produced a nice gouge.  A fair size bump on the right side of my forehead and a scrap on my upper lip.

My glasses are really scraped up but as far as I can tell the frame is fine.

Thank goodness I didn't give my old glasses away to the Lions for people less fortunate, so at least I have something to wear for short times when I need to read something, but they sit right on the cut spot of my nose.

Not as much bruising as I expected when I got up this morning but we will see as the day progresses.

2 comments:

  1. I am just now catching up. HOW ARE YOU??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am having trouble keeping up on this blog as there are things I am not doing correctly and I just need to call you and chat about it.
    I am sure you have a full weekend planned with family and all so will call you next week. Hugs Pat

    ReplyDelete