Thursday, May 10, 2012

Faceplant healed

It has now been 2 1/2 weeks since the great Face Plant while walking Walker in the local neighbor hood.  Best part of the entire deal is that my glasses were repaired at NC.  

I did have an old back up pair that I could use but so happy to have the regular ones back.

The sunny  days have really motivated me to work out in the yard for just a couple of hours at a time and finding out that Walker is doing well about not going out of the back yard, even when the hot wire is not hooked up.  If I do bring him out front I put his leash on and hook him to my garden wagon and he seems pretty content.  So far no one has walked by to get him fired up but I am sure that day will come.

Last night he put up  a fuss of barking and ran to where the hot wire is across the drive way, or should have been, and he didn't go past it.  Never did figured out what was out there but I am thinking of setting up the night camera over there tonight and see if we can catch something on camera.  Even if it only Walker barking.  I love that camera.

Beings I couldn't post this yesterday for some unknown reason and I have just found it so I will attempt it again.
Didn't get the camera set up but we did have a first last night.  Walker spent the night with us in our bedroom.  Braxton use too. When he stopped jumping up on the bed that is when I knew something was terribly wrong with him.  I so miss that warm feeling on my feet .  Walker wouldn't settle down on the bed and he kept trying to pull the covers off of me. I was just ready to take him out of the room and he jumped down and stayed on the floor till morning.  He is really getting his own personality and I am really trying to accept him as Walker and not to compare him to Braxton.


Losing Braxton has been more of a trauma that I thought it would be but we did have a history .  For many years there was just Braxton and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment